History

In 1939 Bill Parsons Sr. and his brother Herb traded their interest in two cars for a down payment on a sandpit located along the riverfront. The riverfront was being dredged and the brothers had the forsight to see the potential of the future boating needs of the area. Dredge Harbor Marina was on it's way to becoming the largest full service marina in the Delaware valley.

In the early forties the brothers Bill and Herb had developed the "sandpit" location with a few in water slips and began selling such famous boat lines as Broadwater Yachts and Greenwich boats, which they sold in varying quantities after the second world war.

In 1946 the brothers became boat dealers for a company called Chris Craft, which remained their principle boat line until the New York Boat Show of 1978 where Jack Purcell convinced them to drop Chris Craft in favor of an up and coming west coast boat company called Bayliner. Bayliner and it's Sister boat lines Maxum and Trophy have been the principal boat lines of Dredge Harbor ever since.

In 1984 Bill Parsons  children Tammy and Bill Jr. purchased Herbs share of the marina. Tammy and Bill now perform the daily responsibilities of the Marina, but Bill Sr. visited daily and continued to make a strong  presence to their long standing customers and employees until his passing on July 21 2008.
 
Today the Marina is still a family business run by Tammy and her brother Bill with the help of their children Lauren, Stacy, William and Robert.

Housing a 27,000 square foot showroom, 275 in water slips, and a 150 boat dry stack storage building  Dredge Harbor Boat Center LLC has grown from a sandpit to a 110 acre marine facility selling thousands of pleasure boats to generations of boaters in the greater Philadelphia area.